Applications for the Carol Lloyd Award will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated originality and musicality in submitted tracks (50%)
- Outstanding artistic and creative potential of the applicant (20%)
- Creative and original vision statement
- Demonstrated professional and/or creative achievement of applicant (20%)
- Your track record, practice and recognition in the music industry including your gig history, training history, reviews and support letters.
- Completion of the budget template, which should detail the way in which you plan to spend the award prize. (10%)
- Your budget should be at least $15,000 to demonstrate how you would utilise all of the award funds. If your project costs are more than $15,000, please indicate how you will cover the shortfall (e.g. your own funds, another grant, sponsorship, ticket sales from performances etc). PLEASE NOTE ALL INCOME AND EXPENDITURE MUST BALANCE.
- Please note that your budget should not include the costs of purchasing musical equipment or costs associated with a project or program that has already commenced.
Assessment and funding decisions are based on the information provided in your application, including support material. All eligible applications will be assessed in terms of how well they address the assessment criteria.
Applicants for the Carol Lloyd Award 2019 will be assessed using the following selection process.
Step 1: Queensland Music Festival will undertake eligibility checks for all applications. A QMF representative will then undertake a preliminary assessment of all eligible applications. Ineligible applicants will be notified by email.
Step 2: A shortlist of selected applicants will be selected by the judging panel for final review. Judging will commence on the 11 March 2019 and will be finalised by 5 April 2019.
Step 3: All applicants will be notified of the result of their application. The top 5 shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the Queensland Music Festival launch in late April 2019 (Date TBC) where the recipient of the 2019 Carol Lloyd Award will be announced.